Take the online course Animal Care and Use 101
Have your supervisor initiate the Risk Assessment and Health Surveillance Questionnaire Note: This must be done for everyone who has direct or indirect contact with animals.
*Note: Volunteers must obtain a "temporary affiliate ID prior to taking ACU 101 and completing a Risk Assessment. Supervisors can initiate the process for the temporary affiliate form. To enroll in the online ACU 101 an additional step is requried. The supervisor must send an email to Staff Development and Professional Services with the temporary affiliate number.
Attend a Laboratory Animal Skills Class-search by species name under Training Classes
Attend the Aseptic Technique Class (if required)
A complete list of the courses is available at the AALAS Learning Library. We encourage you to take advantage of these training opportunities. If you would like access to these courses please send an email to iacuc-Staff@ucdavis.edu requesting a log in and password.
Complete a background check:
1. Print and fill out the Background Check Authorization Form
2. Submit the form to the CNS Safety Manager for authorization
4. Bring the completed form with you to your appointment
Obtain Primate Clearance:
1. Print and fill out the "Request and Authorization" form
2. Have the PI sign and authorize the completed form
3. Email the completed Request to Occupational Health Services email@example.com
4. Call Occupational Health Services at (530) 757-5277 to schedule an appointment
5. Go to the scheduled appointment; obtain the "Primate Clearance" form
6. Give a copy of the Primate Clearance form to the Safety Coordinator and the Lab Manager
Enroll in the Occupational Heath Program & Animal Care and Use 101:
Complete the Risk assessment and Health Surveillance Questionnaire Note: This must be done for everyone who has direct or indirect contact with animals.
Complete the online course Zoonosis of Non-human Primates.