Vivarium Access Steps
Here are the necessary steps to obtain building access for the Center for Neuroscience:
- Visit the Health and Safety Program page and complete the steps.
- Sign the form, have the PI sign the form and provide appropriate access information.
- Provide the completed form to the Safety Manager and retain a copy for the lab's safety records.
- The background check is required for working in any wet lab.
- Information on the background check is available at this link.
- Please click here to download the form.
- Forms for volunteers and unpaid students:
- Schedule an appointment with the Safety Manager. Bring all the forms listed above to your appointment.
Animal Use and Care 101 Training
- Please sign up for AUC 101 and make sure to be added to AUC protocol before scheduling vivarium orientation training.
Schedule Vivarium Orientation
- Bring the Vivarium Orientation Checklist form to your appointment. The checklist gives you the contact information.
Deliver Completed Forms
- Give the completed Vivarium Orientation Checklist with the attached Vivarium Agreement to the CNS Safety Manager. Completed forms may also be left in the CNS Safety Manager's mailbox.
- The CNS Safety Manager will verify the information on the form, add vivarium access, and provide a key, if necessary.
- Note: You must be listed on an approved Animal Care and Use Protocol prior to gaining vivarium access. If you are not listed on an approved Animal Care and Use Protocol, access will NOT be granted and the form will be returned or discarded.
Note: Additional steps are required for primate-related access. See Working With Animals for more information.